Last minute to Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

T Wack

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Wife is a SWA flight attendant so we or I can hop on a flight for free if space available. Kids are older now so we can finally start using this benefit. Likely scenario is I decide to jump on a plane in Houston by myself for a long weekend of diving.

Any good last minute places to stay? Dive shops allow singles with no buddy?

With weekends freeing up from reduced kiddo sports now I'm ready to explore. Belize has been on my list for a long time. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

I love Huracan diving... Home Assuming you look like you know what you're doing, I suspect they would be A-OK with some buddiless diving. Having said that, the place normally only has 6 - 8 people there, so even "group diving" is pretty low key.

The trick there would be to coordinate with their Saturday and Wednesday shuttle...

email Christian: cristian@huracandiving.com Tell him I sent you. ;-)

Thank you Stoo I'll check them out. Wife doesn't dive so I'm always looking for a place that buddy's me in a group or with the dive master.

Arthur, their DM is a great guy. He grew up in the area and knows every critter by name pretty much. He's very conscientious, but also very relaxed once he knows that you know what you're doing.

The diving around Long Caye and Halfmoon Caye is arguably the best in Belize and after 35 years of travelling to the Caribbean, I think it's the best diving in the Caribbean. We are approchaing our 6th consecutive trip there if that says anything.

The "resort" itself is very low key... more like staying at a B&B really. If your non-diving wife was to go, she'd best take a book or three. No shopping, no golf... not even much of a beach really. Lots of trails through the jungle to explore mind you, and decent snorkelling off of the front dock.

I have been on several dive trips solo and never had an issue finding a buddy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom