Last-minute Green Island operators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Albireo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

(I told myself I'd never ever do this, but here I am with my first post on SB and asking people to believe my legitimacy. Apologies!)

My wife and I are planning a trip to Green Island the second week of July. We are both certified PADI advanced and we last dived just under a year ago. Other than our prescription masks and snorkels, we don't own any gear other than maybe a diving computer which we have yet to purchase.

I've emailed with Andy Gray who was generous with his time and info, but who unfortunately will not be able help with Green Island this time around (I do look forward to visiting Kenting eventaully to avail myself of his expertise). He recommended just scootering about looking for a dive shop that suited our fancies, which we will do but I do have just one question: do we need our own gear or are there shops on Green Island who can supply it?

Best,
KJ

KJ, can you and/or your wife speak Chinese or Taiwanese?

I can speak Mandarin (fluently but with, say, a 3rd-grade level of vocabulary); my wife is British and can only speak English, though she is being a darling trying to learn!

OK then, without a big language barrier, I expect that you'll be fine following Andy's advice. I'll PM you contact info for a couple of dive shops, and you can ask them about rental gear. Good idea to buy your own computers (one for each of you), although not absolutely necessary.

Thanks so much for your help! Hopefully this will all work out and I'll have something to report in about a month!

Albireo,

Did you get to GI ? How was it ?

Thinking of heading back over there myself in a couple of weeks, so intrested in any feedback.

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom