Last Minute Diving out of Port Hardy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

I work out of various ports during the summer surveying pacific halibut populations and I was recently assigned to board in Port Hardy next week. I would really really like to fly up a few days early and dive the Browning Pass/Gods Pocket area.

I've been looking around but it seems like the area isnt set up for last minute dive trips and almost every number I call is out of date or the wrong number. Gods Pocket resort seems to be the best deal but I would need a full rental kit and they dont seem to have gear available.

Anyone here have ideas on how I can swing this?

Thanks

Thanks, I emailed and called Sun Fun Divers but haven't recieved a reply, it is possible I'm using outdated numbers. I'll root around and call again tomorrow. I want sure if they were still operational as I called North Coast Divers and got a residential number and then the hideaway contacts arent working for me either.

There isn’t much up there...

We’ve chartered in the past with UB Diving out of Courtney for diving up there, but i’d doubt they’d trailer the boat up for a diver ...

Having said that, lots of shops to rent gear from south of Campbell River (still a 2-3hr drive to Pt Hardy)

_R

Back
Top Bottom