Last minute dive watch repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mermaidjade

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Need some suggestions/advice. I have a Mares Smart dive watch that I've had for about 3-4years now. Have had the battery replacedtwice. I've been traveling around Europe for a few months now and will be going to do a Red Sea liveaboard in about 3 weeks. Pulled mywatch out 2 days ago and it's dead. Currently in Madrid but leave for Athens today. Dive shop here said 2 weeks for replacement battery but I'm leaving. Any recommendations for a shop in Athens that could do this within 5-6days.That or I'm not opposed to buying a new watch as I'd rather put money towards that over renting one for a week. I've never purchased dive gear in Europe, only SE Asia(where I'm heading next) or online. Is it a good idea to try to purchase in Athens or Hurghada or better to wait till I get to SE Asia? Any suggestions of a good shop for dive gear in Athens or Hurghada? I ideally would like to just replace my battery, but if timewise it is not possible and I can find a fair deal on a new watch I would purchase. I will also have 4 days in Hurghada prior to my liveaboard. Maybe it is possible to do there?I've never been to Europe or Egypt before so I'm pretty clueless about my options. Thanks in advance for the help!

Not really a tip but googling for it following shop sells mares dive computers and maybe has battery kits for that dive computers there:
dive-hunt.gr | Αρχική Σελίδα
Before buying a completly new computer i would maybe go to a electronics-store and look for a CR2430 battery to switch it yourself.
Doesn't come without some risc though... the mares kit includes a new oring and new screws.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom