LAST BREATH (movie)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken Kurtis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Maybe stretching the definition of accidents & incidents but . . .

FABULOUS documentary dealing with the true story of a North Sea saturation diver whose umbilical snaps at 300 feet as the diving bell and boat he is tethered to drifts away due to positioning issues and he is adrift with only his bailout bottle to survive. Although he only has five minutes of gas and it takes them over 30 minutes to get back to him, he someone manages top survive. Combination of actual footage from the dive along with recreations and interviews with the principals. Available on Netflix. ("Last Breath" is the movie title. 85-minute run time.)

The accident happened in 2012 if this is the same one: Umbilical severed at 80 meters in North Sea
I can't remember the full name of the Diver in the movie, but his first name was Chris, same as in your link. I think the odds of the same thing happening to two divers names Chris are pretty remote.

It was a powerful movie. I watched iton Netflix a few weeks ago, and did not move for the duration. The last line of the movie was a classic, right up there with "You're gonna need a bigger boat".

Well worth watching

I can't remember the full name of the Diver in the movie, but his first name was Chris, same as in your link. I think the odds of the same thing happening to two divers names Chris are pretty remote.
Yeah, it's the same Chris. Here is the Wiki on the movie: Last Breath (2019 film) - Wikipedia

Back
Top Bottom