Laser Pointers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hobbes-22

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello All,

I am thinking of buying a laser pointer for underwater, any advice, comments (Good or Bad) would be welcome. Do they work well in light? Green better than Red?

Thanks and Happy Diving

Well I have been told that they drive our local sharks crazy. It seems they become somewhat agitated

I tried a red laser a few years back. Even in quite clear water / good visibility, the beam was absorbed in only a few feet. I’d like to try the green, but they are so much more expensive.

ditto, I tried a red one some years back and it wasn't visible enough to be good for anything. And then it flooded anyawy. No desire to bother with them again.

Thanks for the replies...

Yea, everything I've been reading says the Reds are kind of useless.....Hope some one out there tried a Green one and will tell me about it.

Dive Deep and Dive often....

I've had enough of those things in my eyes on dry land. If they start appearing underwater, I might have to dig out my scuba bowie knife.

Dude, just use a dive light. You get the same effect with a longer beam distance.

Back
Top Bottom