Laser engraved barcode equipment tags for dive shop - resort rental gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquanex

Co-Owner of YourBagTag.com
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499

We get numerous inquiries asking if we can engrave serialized barcodes on equipment tags for dive shop and dive resort rental gear. The answer is yes but we have limited color options since the tag has to have a high contrast so the barcode reader can scan it.

The tag show above is 2-sided, dive shop info on the front, serialized barcode on the back. These tags are 1.75" in diameter and 1/8" thick. They can be cut in different shapes (circle, square, rectangle). White tags with black text works extremely well.

Have you guys tried QR codes? They have an advantage that they can store more information and can be read with any smartphone's camera.

I'm sure they'd print them but it depends on the dive shop. Many dive shops use these barcodes to charge rental fees and for inventory control.

I imagine Steve would print you any durn thing you'd like if he can get it set up on his machines.

Have you guys tried QR codes? They have an advantage that they can store more information and can be read with any smartphone's camera.

We have not been asked for QR codes but we are able to do them with both our laser engravers and the UV-LED full color printer. For rental gear, I would lean towards the laser engraving since it will hold up to the day-to-day abuse that rental gear gets.

Can you do them like a cave arrow???

Hi Pete,
I don't know exactly what you have in mind. Are you asking if we can do an equipment name tag that is in the shape of a cave diving arrow? Bar/QR code on cave diving arrow?

We can certainly put text on a cave diving arrow - make it a smaller version of our cave diving arrow luggage tag. We can put custom text pretty much anywhere it will fit.

We have not been asked for QR codes but we are able to do them with both our laser engravers and the UV-LED full color printer. For rental gear, I would lean towards the laser engraving since it will hold up to the day-to-day abuse that rental gear gets.
I'm pretty sure QR codes can be engraved; they do not need to be printed.

With a small ScubaBoard logo where the name would be? Send me a quote!!!

I will put together a mockup for you and send you a quote...

Why do I think about a very old SNL skit where someone buys a price gun (the kind that prints supermarket price stickers) and runs down the supermarket aisle shouting "Two cents! Two cents!" as he retags everything?(G)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom