Las Vegas Area Dive Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jazappi

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am going to be in the Las Vegas area Sun - Wednesday and was hoping to get some diving in. Can anybody make any suggestions on where to dive? Most likely it will be Sunday when I can sneak away.

Lake(s) Mead or Mohave. Mohave's better but a farther drive. Mead is drying up. (you're drinking it in Vegas...)

Southwest Scuba - Home has more info.

Is there like a dive park that I can meetup with other divers? or a charter or something I can go on?

There's a scuba park at Lake Mead, but it's not the typical quarry dive park you might be used to. If you find any divers there, it will usually be an OW class that will be done by noon. Some of the Vegas shops run boats on the lake, but this time of year it's hit or miss on whether they will be going out. There can be some decent diving in the desert, but most "desert" divers prefer to go away to dive. Your best option is to arrange a buddy before heading to the site if you can. Otherwise just stay in Vegas and enjoy the sites.

Perhaps you can sneak in a dive in the "O" pool at Bellagio? :rofl3:

There's a scuba park at Lake Mead,.

Not anymore, sadly. The lake levels have dropped so much that the scuba park is now but a memory. Saddle Cove, not too far from the old scuba park, is now the preferred site for shore diving and training, although I hear it will be off-limits come August, when construction begins on a new water intake system to serve thirsty Las Vegas. My LDS is quite frustrated with the National Park Service, as they are uninterested in working with the local dive community to establish a new scuba park or grading a dirt road to a new site once Saddle Cove becomes off limits (environmental impact studies, etc.). Lake Mohave may be a Las Vegan's only choice for shore diving by the end of the summer.

That's really sad to hear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom