Large Jets vs XL Jets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

merc393

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a big difference in performance between the large size jets and XL jets. The size of the paddle is dramatically different so I assume they also perform much different??? Have a size 8 foot so was considering buying large jets to use with wetsuit booties, I use XL Jets with drysuit.

You might like the Large jets. I dove Large jets for many years but then moved to XL to fit my drysuit boots. I think the Large jets were easier to control.
-Ben M.

Some people say there is little difference, but I think you get more thrust from the XL Jets.

Hi there, jetfins xperts:

I use size 10 Whites rockboots, what size jetfins should I get, XL or XXL?

cheers
(sorry for the hijack, but it seems like a similar question:) )

dive safe

N_Horta:
Hi there, jetfins xperts:

I use size 10 Whites rockboots, what size jetfins should I get, XL or XXL?

cheers
(sorry for the hijack, but it seems like a similar question:) )

dive safe
I have size 10 feet but they are EEE width and the narrow foot pocket on the jet fins led me to us XL's with wet suit boots and XXL's with dry suit boots. The XXL pocket should be enough for the rockboot since the foot pocket on the XXL jet fin is large enough to live in and makes a nice backup in case your hotel reservations get screwed up.

Walter:
I dive with both, depending on my boots. There's no difference.

N Horta, Kidspot has a chart on his website.

Knowing that, the size large with a smaller blade is an advantage in tight spots like wrecks or lush reefs.

OK, what option is there when the XL is too small? But the XXl is way too big?

I looked at the XXL and it was at least two sizes larger than the XL. It seems like there ought to be a size between them. The dive shops said: "No".

If you are a "betweenie" try the Turtlefins. They only come in one size. They split the XL vs XXL size difference.

I use the Turtlefins - size 12 foot - but needed to shim them a smidge to get a good fit. XL Jetfins were too narrow and the XXL way to frigg'n large.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom