Large Boats - Oahu and Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi, I get horribly seasick - drugs only do so much. We went to Hawaii in 2019 and I didn't have very good luck in Oahu having to sit out a bunch of dives. I spend way too much money not-diving on boats. I did like shore diving with Hawaii Eco Divers, they were great. We plan to go back in September of this year and I'd like to have a better time.

The biggest boat we went out on was with Maui Dreams, I think the Maui Diamond which says it's 40' I was okay on that trip, very drugged and huffing motion sickness aromatherapy inhalers, but okay.

But does anyone have any advice for boats that are bigger on Oahu and Maui? I'm also researching good shore diving but we don't have a lot of experience guiding ourselves into the ocean though we're trying to improve our skills.

Take a look at Lahaina Divers on Maui. The Dominion and the Dauntless are 46 feet and quite stable. They do take up to 24 divers/3 groups, not sure how it is working during the pandemic, or how busy they are.

Ooh, the Aggressors always look so lovely, but I'm not really up for liveaboards it'd be lot of money wasted if I get too sick.

Dive Oahu has a Newton 46

Diving out of Kewalo Basin will have less rough waters. (Compared to Hawaii Kai)

the kona aggressor is an 80' catamaran and very stable because of the design

You might try the South Seas II out of Waianae on Oahu for calmer water. Underwater Oahu uses the boat, so does Hawaii Eco Divers, though an Divemaster with insurance and a little experience on the boat can book it bareboat style.

Maui Diamond Sea Sports (affiliated with Maui Dreams) now has a 46’ Newton, very similar to Lahaina Divers’ boats. Very comfortable dive platform and goes out of Maalaea so it’s a shorter ride to Molokini and S. Maui sites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom