Lanta Operators / Specific Dive Guides

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John Trecker

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for recs for Lanta based operators / dive guides. Bonus points for any specific dive guides who are good seekers / finders especially for macro.
So far having trouble finding anything beyond the day tripper / snorkeler / dive explorer boats.
Lanta Divers would not even offer a private guide and seemed disinterested in anything beyond big groups (why wouldn't you put two experienced divers on Nitrox with a group of inexperienced divers on air?? More is more, right?).
Any hints or suggestions appreciated!! Thank you!

I have dived a lot with Lanta Diver through several years. I always dive with my wife as a buddy. I take photos and I enjoy mostly macro. I have never dived in a big group while diving with them. Sometimes one or two divers have joined our group, but usually we have dived alone with a guide. I have never asked for a private guide, I have only told what I would like to look for and my experience level. The guide to dive with in Lanta Diver is Pop. He is a thai and he is fantastic at finding stuff. He loves finding nudibranches and he is very good at it.

You could try Andaman Dive Adventure. Lisa, the owner, is pretty responsive to emails and can give you answers regarding your requests. For macro guides, I would go with Ip or Avideo.

In Dec 2019, I went and dived with several outfits including Lanta Diver with Pop who is wonderful and amazing. I wrote a review of how terrific he was.
Trying to go back in Dec 2021. Pop is booked a few days but I will be joining him when he is available.
But have a few other days to try to find someone. Looks like Andaman Dive Adventure is closed for Covid. Not sure if anyone had recommendations / experiences for good guides.

Back
Top Bottom