Land based travel clothing, shoes, accessories recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had no idea this sling thing existed! This morning I was talking about buying a hard side child's lunch box for a foot rest on the flight - no kidding! I'm 5'1" and as they say, "the struggle is real". I know it's tough for taller people too - just a different set of struggles for us. I discovered I have a big bottle of Dr Bronner's I had purchased for my daughter when she visited - completely forgot it.

I have some amazon shopping to do! I know the trip is 7 months away, but the anticipation and planning is a big part of the fun for me!! :wink:

Again, thank you all for your thoughtful responses. This is fun!! :)

They also make inflatable cushions that can be placed on the tray table which is great for sleeping if you usually are a front or side sleeper. For me it works way better for getting some serious sleep. I have this one - Amazon.com: Skyrest Travel Pillow: Home & Kitchen. I can also use it as a footrest, though it's more in the way than one of those slings would be.

They've also come out with a version with face and arm holes, which I haven't tried, but might be nice depending how you use it. Amazon.com: Inflatable Travel Pillow Sleep Aid – with Eye Mask, Earplugs, Carry Pouch - Airplane Pillow for Long-Haul Flights & Road Trips – Fast Inflate/Deflate, Compact, Fully Supportive Accessories: Sencezo

They also make inflatable cushions that can be placed on the tray table which is great for sleeping if you usually are a front or side sleeper. For me it works way better for getting some serious sleep. I have this one - Amazon.com: Skyrest Travel Pillow: Home & Kitchen. I can also use it as a footrest, though it's more in the way than one of those slings would be.

I just ordered one like you have. The other one looks more comfortable but has some negative reviews regarding air loss.

I’ve been using my backpack in much the same way so I’m thinking this is going to be a much softer and slightly taller option. Looking forward to trying it out next month on the 15 hr flight to Hong Kong in route to the Philippines. I don’t do well sleeping on flights so really hoping this will help a little. Thanks for posting it @Damselfish.

A spool and a double ender is a super cheap way to make a clothes line, and cheaper than the fancy "outdoors" ones.

Take a look at some of the cottage industry manufacturers as well. You'll often get better designed/suited gear than the stuff that REI/etc. carries, for a lower price.

I'm a fan of Salomon shoes, but have friends that equally like Merrell's, Keen's, and others. I just find the Salomons fit my feet better than the others.
If I may add something about shoes ... get them now and wear them as much as you can long before your trip. You don't want to be uncomfortable and dealing with "hot spots" or blisters as you try to break in your new walking/hiking shoes while you are on vacation. By the time you are there, you want them to be as comfortable was possible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom