Land based diving options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vikram14

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am planning an Egypt dive trip in October provided things aren't too bad by then. I have dived earlier in Dahab (mostly). I also did a day of diving in Ras Mohammad during that trip. This time I would like to diving along the main Red Sea coast. Which would be best place to base myself? I have heard that the more South I go, the diving might improve but the topside options reduce. I might be going along with a non-diving companion so that needs to be considered as well! Hope to dive for 4-6 days so can base myself at a couple of places instead of staying in one place.

Give Arab Divers a try in Aqaba. They are very low key and helpful and you can to Eat and dive on the Israel side. Boat diving is available in both towns as well as shore entry.

Darned auto correct.... Meant to say you can taxi over to Eilat

Give Arab Divers a try in Aqaba. They are very low key and helpful and you can to Eat and dive on the Israel side. Boat diving is available in both towns as well as shore entry.
As someone who lives in Israel and dives often in the Red sea, you'd be better off staying in Sinai.

The diving is incomparable, i cant wait for the border to re open so i can go on another trip there.

Perhaps just visit Aqaba and dive the military wrecks.

Vis is great there but not a lot of marine life.

We spent a week near Marsa Alam and dived with Coroya Divers. Stayed at Brayka AI so all topside options were onsite. Pool, cafeteria, bar, etc. Diving was good overall and a decent shore dive on house reef but I've had better diving. It's the only place in Egypt I've been so can't compare to any other part.

You may try several days in Safaga for diving, then back to Hurghada for your non-diver companion, where you'll find much more night life, shops, etc (if you like that). Depends if you prefer discovering real egyptian life (not always funny) or staying in a full touristic place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom