land based dive op in Hamata

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubajeg1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi All,
I was in Hamata sept. 2015 and dove with Emperor divers out of Hamata at a resort. This operation is now not open and I cannot find another land based dive op in this area and I do not want to be based out of Marsa Alam due to its distance from Hamata. We are looking at numerous liveaboards but would rather be land based for this area and time period,( oct.2017). Our preferance is to stay at a resort with a good dive op and good shore diving like our last trip. Please advise !!

Last edited:
I dont know how you found these options but I will ck them out. What is RSA ? I assume it is a liveaboard !! In 2015 we stayed in Marsa Alam at coraya bay resort and dove for a week , then a simply the best on emperor elite and then a week at hamata with day boat diving into the south and fury shoals area;; we thought that was the best diving of the trip ! The shore diving with emperor in hamata was simply spectacular when we got back in from the boats.
Thank you.....

Google is your friend, "Scuba Operators Hamata Egypt," they all may be closed, like Emperor, who knows?. There are very few tourists in Egypt, including the Red Sea. My wife and I were in Cairo and on the Nile last February. I did the Red Sea myself last April/May. The crash of Egyptair 804 and the numerous recent terrorist activities have not aided in the recovery. It's a real shame, a beautiful, fascinating, country. Personally, I would return, particularly to the Red Sea for diving.

RSA = Red Sea Aggressor out of Port Ghalib

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom