Lake Whitney????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YellowfinKunkfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone dove this lake recently?? I read an old thread from 2005, that makes it sound pretty diveable, but I'm looking for something a little more recent. There is supposed to be a scuba park around the Lofers Bend area, does anyone know if that is still open? Sounded like there was decent vis deeper, and some walls.

Rhonda

I have dove that area several times over the year's. The dive shop if you call it that was closed last time I was there. Most diving is done in a small cove near the shop and RV/marina area. The few times I was there I was not impressed as the general area reeks of methane gas odor produced and released by the lake. If you go it is a dark and chilly lake. There is a large rock shelf that you can find yourself under very easy and this has cause 'panic' in a few divers as they get confused and worry its a cave as it to is dark. At one time the cove was roped off from boats but not any more. Wish it was a better situation as it is a close lake for me and would make a nice alt. dive area. There are some rock building ruins across the lake that I have yet to see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom