Lake Travis Scuba July 25th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YellowfinKunkfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Kory and I are booked on the Giant Stride for the morning trip on the 25th of July if any other swampers want to join up! Should be lots of fun! Frank, Craig, Richerso,... come on guys we haven't dived with any of you in forever. We had to miss the fling due to family issues, so meet up with us in July. I'll bring brownies...

Rhonda:D

Again about Inks Lake ... Ya'll still planning on diving it this summer ? I don't remember when you're going to go. I've been continuing to check it, and it still has been murky looking, but I still haven't dove it yet this year.
However, this Friday I hope to get out there that evening and finally do a dive at the Devils Water Hole that I had told you about on that posting you made about diving Inks. Maybe we'll be able to get around the dam too, don't know if we'll have time. I also found that you might be able to get really close to Buchanan Dam from the Big Chief RV park, or a public park and beach at the LCRA office along SH 29, just west of the lake bridge and Burnet County line - if you wanted to do Lake Buchanan. I don't know of any public area that'd be close to the dam on Inks Lake - might have to have a boat.
I'll keep you posted if you're interested.

Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba

Just thought I'd post the direct link to make it easier for folks. I had such a good time at the Fling that diving with you Yankees :D again sounds appealing. Except that folks who travel should have priority on the boat of course. Are you maybe going to hang around and do a shore dive in the afternoon?

Would love to meet new Swampers! Yes, we have the whole day to do whatever, we are also going to be doing a little diving from Windy Point on Friday. We're considering maybe a night dive Friday night.

Rhonda

Again about Inks Lake ... Ya'll still planning on diving it this summer ? I don't remember when you're going to go. I've been continuing to check it, and it still has been murky looking, but I still haven't dove it yet this year.
However, this Friday I hope to get out there that evening and finally do a dive at the Devils Water Hole that I had told you about on that posting you made about diving Inks. Maybe we'll be able to get around the dam too, don't know if we'll have time. I also found that you might be able to get really close to Buchanan Dam from the Big Chief RV park, or a public park and beach at the LCRA office along SH 29, just west of the lake bridge and Burnet County line - if you wanted to do Lake Buchanan. I don't know of any public area that'd be close to the dam on Inks Lake - might have to have a boat.
I'll keep you posted if you're interested.

Yes, we are still interested, we are diving Inks Lake over Labor Day weekend. We will be there anyway, we are thinking about the diving. Keep us posted on the conditions!

Rhonda

Kory and I are booked on the Giant Stride for the morning trip on the 25th of July if any other swampers want to join up! Should be lots of fun! Frank, Craig, Richerso,... come on guys we haven't dived with any of you in forever. We had to miss the fling due to family issues, so meet up with us in July. I'll bring brownies...

Rhonda:D

Cool ! That sounds super fun. Go do the Oasis Wall.
'Super cool dive. You can pretty much do a 60 / 60 dive there
( 60 feet ~ 60 minutes) and see the Grottos :wink:

AIR......
Plus a wee bit of deco!
1-2 min. at 30ft
12 min. at 20ft
:wink:

Sent in my res tonight!! Finally diving the Giant Stride!! WOO-HOO!!!

Okay, we are taking the afternoon charter instead of morning. Robert said it would be more relaxed, and I'm all for that!! Plus Kunk35 and I won't have to get up early on Saturday morning.

Friday is our anniversary, so we might be out late partying!:wink:

Rhonda

Have Robert show you the location of the grotto with the stalagtities hanging down in them.

They are huge. the grottos that is, some I have swam in and traveled along the back of the rock enclosure.

Remember 60 feet is normally 100 feet when the Lake is full (can't wait for the response to this calculation of mine)

You can reach the tech diver viewing range underwater with rec diving when Lake Travis is low like this. Who knows what the tech divers are doing, but they usually run the bottom of riverbed at any Lake level.

For Rec divers this is the best time to see all that stuff you would have an 8 minute limit at 130 feet or deco dive on past that.

Always an opportunity for us divers as long as there is water in the pond.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom