Lake Travis conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cyklon_300

Contributor
Reaction score
Went by the lake Sat. to see how the recent rains have affected things...

The ranger station at Mansfield has a NO swimming/diving sign posted, but it's not being enforced as long as you acknowledge you were warned not to dive. Water resembles chocolate milk and is above the second landing at the metal stairs at the dam face.

The ranger shack at Windy Point has been towed up the hill to near the turnouts for Barstow's driveway...the waterline is ~40 yards above where the shack is normally sited. The tops of the picnic table awnings at the point are barely above water.

Water is within 50' of the parking lot at Barstow's...it's a long wade/surface swim to where the lake normally resides. I talked to two divers who said vis in the body of the lake was ~5'.

Baaaahhhhhhh.... tks so much for posting. Was there last wkend and it was already pretty bad.

Dove Travis yesterday, Vis is about 15' down to about 25' depth after that it gets real dark, real quick. I'd say vis <5' even with lights. Go down on a line and follow the cables unless you're a really good navigator. Not much to see though, lake is turning over and with all the extra water, whew. But hey, I'll dive just about anything apparently.

Back
Top Bottom