Lake Superior treasure dive rings, painted rocks and more

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diverdon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
This dive took place just before our harbor cleanup and now that the dust is settling I can finally churn out a video or two that I think are worth sharing. In this one I was made aware of a new hobby. It seems folks are painting rocks and hiding them for others to find. The finder then goes to a Facebook page to note where they found it and hide it once again. I'm told these rocks are better traveled than I am :(
Anyway, I found two in a cove in Marquette (Lake Superior), and so here is their video. I already checked in to the FB page with a pic letting the designer know that her stones are alive and well and that I will indeed be hiding them somewhere else.
My question to you: Now that they've been submerged, shouldn't they remain underwater rocks? I may just place them in an easy to find place in a neighboring state or Great Lake.
Thoughts?

Fun video! And yes, definitely a tiger's eye bead.

Do you travel to dive? I quite like the idea of those rocks ending up somewhere exotic.

Fun video! And yes, definitely a tiger's eye bead.

Do you travel to dive? I quite like the idea of those rocks ending up somewhere exotic.

Not often enough. But yeah, I kind of like the idea that they end up somewhere else but easy enough to find. Perhaps a popular area for divers. I'm not opposed to sending them on their way via post or another diver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom