lake Rawlings photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubamedicjoe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
ok all going to lake Rawlings tomarrow first time ever taking picture underwater, with a camera this is the set up I got to starte till I can move up to digital as follows and need any suggestions please or hints
sea life camera rc with strobe the strobe is a reefmaster sl960 with hum looks like three lens a 8X and a 16X think the other a
3X and a micros wand so please give a newbie some tips figure first few time or more going to get used to it and see what I come up with thanks .

medic13 once bubbled...
ok all going to lake Rawlings tomarrow first time ever taking picture underwater, with a camera this is the set up I got to starte till I can move up to digital as follows and need any suggestions please or hints
sea life camera rc with strobe the strobe is a reefmaster sl960 with hum looks like three lens a 8X and a 16X think the other a
3X and a micros wand so please give a newbie some tips figure first few time or more going to get used to it and see what I come up with thanks .

Since I'm not familiar with that particular camera and it's lenses, I'll just give you some photo basics.

• Try to avoid shooting down on your subject. It will make the whole pic look flat.
  • Along that line...try to shoot your subject from just slightly below.
  • Be patient and never chase the fish. Get still and their curiosity will get the better of them and they will come to check you out.
  • If there is alot of matter in the water, stick with the macro or close up lens to avoid as much backscatter as possible.

Have a blast and post your results!

I'll add a couple of things.

For composition of your photo, try to get eyes and/or teeth in the shot. IE: avoid fish butts.

IF there is a lot of particulate in the water, try to get your strobe away from your lens as much as possible. Backscatter is it's worst when the flash comes from right around the lens. The light reflects back to it's source, which in this case will also who in the lens. If you can get your strobe above your camera, the backscatter will be greatly reduced.

One type of photo that is fairly easy to get and usually looks good is a diver silhoueted(sp) against the sun. Get below your subject and try to get the sun directly behind him/her

Back
Top Bottom