lake Pleasant conditions and water temp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was at lake pleasant yesterday (26OCT05). Did two dives.

Air Temp 85
Water Temp at surface was 72 degrees
Water Temp at 40 feet was 70 degrees

Dove my 3MM to the limit

Visibility was a bit 'green' but could see up to 6 to 8 feet comfortably.
Had students with me, they did a pretty good job. But, they still kicked up the bottom a bit.

Dove Vista Point.

jcf

Dove Lake Pleasant on Tuesday (11/1) and Wednesday (11/2) ... Vista Point.

Water is getting considerably colder. Was in 7MM both days.
Water Temp is around 66 degrees.

Visibility is around 6 to 10 feet. Vis is best around 30-35 feet. Lake is very dark below 50 feet. We were wearing hoods and carrying lights for our deep dives.

Dove Desert Tortoise Monday evening, then tore my neck seal as I was getting ready for a night dive. Unfortunately I didn't bring my 3mm (cuz I figured it'd be too cold for it) so that was the extent of my diving. The water temp was 68. Viz 7-8 feet. Met another SBer Tuesday (donblume) and my wife ended up doing a couple of dives with him while I pulled shore support. Really nice guy. Hope to dive with him myself sometime. Dry suit is already repaired, but I bought a 7mm (finally) yesterday cuz I really hate missing a dive and don't want that happening again! We'll be back at Pleasant at the end of the month.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom