Lake Minneanka

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tophermed

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey Guys
I am planning a trip into Banff, any one dove Lake Minnewanka recently and have a better dive site map then what is on Parks Canada? Also any advice or links would be most helpful!
Thanks
Topher.

When are you coming? It's frozen right now. Good group to get in touch with is the Underwater Outlaws from Calgary. Underwater Outlaws Social Club

I haven't been since before the flood a few years ago made the vis go all to crap but I heard that it's finally getting a bit clearer.

I was planning the trip for June some time hopefully it isn't too bad that time of year. thanks for the link I will get in touch with them.

Minne usually opens up around May, vis the past year has been around 10-15 ft., maybe a bit more. If you dive the Bridge Pilings from the parking lot with the dive plaque, there's a line going straight to them and from the pilings there's one going to the dam. William Hall's book has more info on the dive site in and near Banff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom