Lake Mineral Wells

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aaron203

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was out at Mineral Wells a couple weeks ago, and was wondering if anybody dove out there? I didn't get a chance to go out (or under) the water, but it looked as interesting as any of the other lakes from the shore! :)

I've only snorkeled there, and that was limited to the area around the dam and "beach" (near the store). It was pretty low vis, for sure, probably about 2-3 feet. I don't know what it would be in other parts of the lake, but I suspect it would be much the same.
However, if one was a true-blue "swamper", maybe it would be interesting!

Can you really call a swamper true-"blue"? :)

I'm not an official Swamper yet, but maybe by the end of June I can put that notch on my belt...

I think Guba may be color blind is all...

I should have said true murk. Murk is a color right?

Can you really call a swamper true-"blue"? :)

I'm not an official Swamper yet, but maybe by the end of June I can put that notch on my belt...

Aim high I always say! :D

Nope..."murk" is the absence of color (at least 3 feet below the surface, anyway).

:no

Hmmmm...... absence of color, but not necessarily the absence of light... after all you did mention how you liked the way my HID lit up the murk in Lake Muarry, and how it allowed you and Dave to have a reference to help keep us all together... :14:

Hmmmm...... absence of color, but not necessarily the absence of light... after all you did mention how you liked the way my HID lit up the murk in Lake Muarry, and how it allowed you and Dave to have a reference to help keep us all together... :14:

Every diver needs a dive buddy with a HID........don't you think........:rofl3:

And there is absolutely nothing with my color vision, I'll have you know. In the waters we often visit, that thermocline is ALL THERE, and I'm pretty sure I've seen some blue swampers!

:shakehead:

Back
Top Bottom