Lake Mead 1st dive of season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WingNutt

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
An awesome day today. Thank you ScubaBoard!!

So my buddy Joel and I ordered our first BC's and my reg/octo/console and some other gear. This June we are planning on hitting Catalina. So we wanted to get a few dives in before our trip to get acustomed to our new gear. A few days ago I posted on another thread regarding tanks and a member here PM'd me and offers to dive here at Lake Mead. After a few phone calls so as to make sure neither of us were crazy or gonna leave the other at the bottom of the lake, we decided to meet this weekend and dive. Lake Mead Tony, offered to take us on his boat and dive some spots. So we jumped on the offer. Well after trying to figure out our New gear and getting used to 15 lbs of neoprene and proper wieghting we finally went down for our first dive. Neither Joel or myself has been in 7+mil, hood and the addition of new gear complicated things alittle, but by the time we did our 2nd dive we had things sorted out a bit better. Tony was gracious and hospitible and worked with us without a complaint, well at least not a verble one. Afterwards we offered to take him out for a late lunch to say thanks but due to time he declined and offered to go out in a few weeks back to the lake. Cool. After the lake I headed to Colorado Divers in Boulder City near the lake and returned my behemoth wetsuit, tanks and weights where I picked up a Hooded Vest for next to nuthin and some great scuba talk as we met back up with Tony and the owner of the shop. I cant wait for a few weeks to come I want to go back out right now. I think the funniest thing that happened was my buddy Joels hood. It was not vented so as we decended his hood would inflate. His head was soo coned shaped and big it looked as if he was just pushed from the womb.

Tony thanks again, cant wait to see the pics you took.

I am going to have to echo the sentiments of my buddy. Thanks Tony for you patience and assistance in getting us headed the the right direction. You were a trooper yesterday and both of us thank you so much. I just hope we did not frustrate so badly that you will not dive with us again... We had a great time. and managed to learn alot in a short period of time. I think the only unfortunately thing was the visibility (and my regulator). If it was not for those things I think it would have a perfect day.

Joel & WingNutt,
The pleasure was all mine. I always enjoy a great dive and the definition of a great dive is being in the water long enough to totaly soak your wet suit. In other words, any dive. At 52 deg water temp, you needed those wet suits. Looking forward to the next dive. I'll give you a call.
For everybody else, remember we were all newbees at one time or another.

Dive Deep, Dive Safe, Dive Often.
Lake Mead Tony

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom