Lake McConaughy dive sites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nkb535

Registered
Reaction score
Hi. I'm thinking about heading out to Lake McConaughy for a weekend of diving but I've never been there and don't know where any good dive sites are. Has anyone been out there, and can you give me any advice about what parts of the lake are good to dive?

Thanks in advance,
Nora

I used to dive there all the time, my original scuba cert was done there in 82.. I haven't dove there in quite awhile, several years of very low water and more recently poor visibility. In those days all of the diving was near the dam and the first few bays on the south side of the dam. A popular spot used to be right below the parking lot next to the morning glory.
I look foward to hearing how it goes, it used to be a lot of fun and pretty good vis., it would be nice to see that again.

Has anyone done any dives in Lake McConaughy recently? I'm heading to Western Nebraska in late May and would like to get some dives in there. Any dive reports or advice on guides or dive buddies would be appreciated.

I talked with Scuba Steve and he couldn't find anyone that wanted to take scuba divers out this early in the year. I know there's not much to see, but it seems it's mostly diving for spear fishing.

I'd still like to go diving this coming Wednesday or Thursday in Lake Mac, so let me know if anyone is interested or knows of any guides in the area.

Noticed your post form 2014, wondering if you wound up diving Lake McConaughy?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom