Lake Champlain diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soggy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm a native VTer (I lived there until I was 20) and am going to visit my folks in Williston (near Burlington). I'm going to do some diving with a friend of mine and am looking for suggestions as to what to see. I've checked out the Lake Champlain Maritime Museum and VT Underwater Preserve websites and read a bit about the wrecks, but there has to be more than 7 wrecks in the Lake that are SCUBA accessible! There were several revolutionary war battles fought on the Lake, and I am guessing that there are several revolutionary war ships down at the bottom.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Hi Aaron,

National Aquatic in Syr.has a trip each Fall and they use somebody there or will help you with places near Burlington.

chuckrt

I actually got my certification and gear through National Aquatic.

I just set up a charter for a couple friends and me to dive on a couple wrecks in Burlington Harbor (there are four within a very small area). I can't wait...two weeks away.

Do you still dive with NAS? I just went on the boat in Skaneateles Lake last weekend...it was a bunch of fun. I'm going up to NAS this weekend to pick up my drysuit which was leaking from its right arm.

Aaron,
Stop by and see the staff at Victory Sports in Colchester. They do chaters and Dive the lake each Wedensday and Friday night. They have a nice web site with lots of info, PM me if you need their web address.
Have fun diving Champlain

Mike M

Hi aaron,

I still dive with NAS and if I do a boat dive it's Fri. eve. I work on the weekends so my budy and I usually go to the St. Lawerence during the week. I also had a dry suit leak this week I beleive it was the neck seal, I changed to a sweatsuit from the undies and I didn't really make sure my seals were not rolled ao tucked just the front to the Knees was soaked, luckily the water is 62 now.

I joined Club Aquarius at the shop and it has saved me some good money on many things, if you're not a member you might look into it.

See ya in the H2O
chuckrt

I'm moving to the Boston area in a few weeks, but before I go, I want to go on one of the Wednesday or Friday night NAS boat dives. Maybe I'll see you out there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom