Lack of response from Hollis and Oceanic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't know, but I emailed Hollis looking to replace a broken cosmetic item (the rubber hose boot) for a SE500. They gave me a line that they couldn't supply "life support critical" items to customers. I would have to take it to a certified dealer and pay to have them "install" a new boot. Bushwah!!! I'd expect any response from them to point you to a dealers pocket.

My resolution - It's cosmetic so I ditched it. Later I added a swivel and the boot wouldn't have fit with the swivel anyway.

Yeah, I am not sure how they function now. I've been waiting for my DC replacement for 3 months now. The local dealer was telling that they've been having issues ever since Oceanic/Hollis sold the DC division to AL.

I have emailed them twice directly from their website and received ZERO response. Too bad...I like my Hollis gear but if they are going to ditch me like that I will switch to another manufacturer that does give a $hit about it's customer base. :(

I have emailed them twice directly from their website and received ZERO response. Too bad...I like my Hollis gear but if they are going to ditch me like that I will switch to another manufacturer that does give a $hit about it's customer base. :(
I don't know what is going on over there to be honest. I like the Oceanic and Hollis stuff. But just like you, I find the experience quite frustrating and not up to par. I've told the local distributor already that this lack of support and response will be the reason moving forward that I will direct ppl away from Oceanic and Hollis.

Just for the record, the local distributor and Oceanic/Hollis still have not sort out my DC yet and it's been 4 months and counting.

not sure if they ever check here but every time i have emailed them with a question i got a reply from the VP of sales within 24hrs most times less than 12hrs. the first time i used the website and the following times i just used the email of the person that answered my questions. maybe use the webform on the website again but this time select the "product inquiries / sales " option since they seem to be on the ball answering questions.

Agree. Used to be you could get someone electronically, but not in a long time. Phone has always been answered by helpful folks.

Huish recently bought Hollis and Oceanic which could be a reason for the lack of service.

Huish recently bought Hollis and Oceanic which could be a reason for the lack of service.

I had an issue with a Hollis wing I bough a couple years back. Two emails to them went completely unanswered. That had nothing to do with the current change of ownership.

I own and like several Hollis products. But there response to customer inquiries has been bad for a while. (just my opinion based on a small sample).. Maybe I would get more respect if it was a question about a multi thousand dollar rebreather..??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom