Labuan Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Centrals

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Any recommendation for operator on the Island?

I am planning to take the ferry from BKI to Labuan and dive those wrecks.

Much appreciated.

You might want to try from the Brunei side. The wrecks are amazing!!! Among my favorite diving in the world. Oceanic Quest is great, I heard Poni Divers is good too, and there's a Japanese tech guy running a new dive center as well.

Received a quote from a operator in Labuan and the cost is entirely depend on the number of clients, min is two(around US$230.00 pp for 2 dives).
I will arrive on Friday and hopefully there will be few more divers to share the cost.

that's A LOT pricier than in Brunei! I paid ~$100/3-tank boat dive including gear and food & beverages (that's before further discounts for gear/dive pros), which goes out for every single customer, no need to pay any single supplement. They go out to similar/the same dive sites anyway.

that's A LOT pricier than in Brunei! I paid ~$100/3-tank boat dive including gear and food & beverages (discounts for gear/dive pros), which goes out for every single customer, no need to pay any single supplement. They go out to similar/the same dive sites anyway.
Diving might be cheaper but getting to Brunei from HK is a lot more expensive than through BKI to Labuan.
Interestingly, Brunei and East Timor are the only two countries in SE Asia, from Bangladesh to PNG, that I had never set foot to it. I think Bhutan is a bit further north.

Are you talking about visa or something else? Because Brunei is literally one short, safe, and cheap ferry ride away from Labuan.

I forgot to mention the price above included airport/ferry port transfers as well. Food is cheap. Accom is supposed to be affordable as well.

Are you talking about visa or something else? Because Brunei is literally one short, safe, and cheap ferry ride away from Labuan.

I forgot to mention the price above included airport/ferry port transfers as well. Food is cheap. Accom is supposed to be affordable as well.
Visa is not an issue.
I only have few days to spend on this trip to KK.

Back
Top Bottom