Labelling Gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gidds

Contributor
Reaction score
Witness Protection Program (hiding from the MOFia)
I've noticed other divers have thier address and/or phone number on a lot of thier gear. I'm a grad student so I'm still fairly mobile and I was thinking I'd rather put my e-mail address on my stuff since I do have one e-mail address that will never change unlike my street address and phone number. What do you think?

Thats a great idea....wish I had thought of it and it sure can save a lot of printing or stamping costs.

Yep good idea. What are you using for marking. I'de like to get a good marker.

i used one of those paint markers on my fins, seems to be lasting quite a while...

ScubaSarus:
What are you using for marking. I'de like to get a good marker.
I use the silver sharpie pens for my gear. Works great for dark colored items and had held up pretty well so far.

I put my email on everything as well, it won't change for as long as long as my name stays the same. I have been using a sharpie to label things.

Silver Sharpies on dark colors, black on others, and don't forget your fins. These often wind up in a heap at the end of a dive boat trip.

Doesn't ink of sharpies wash away? I assume you are using the ones used for labeling CDs etc. I'm a grad student and we use them in the lab. I get smears when they get wet and can be erased easily with alcohol. I don't own anything yet so I haven't labeled anything but I was thinking about using a pen we have in the lab which stands vigoruos treatments.

I use the Silver Zig Painty Marker. Works great on rubber, neopreme and most anything. Its waterproof.

Some lab pens are fine and some are not. You actually have t read them and see what they say about marking cloth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom