LA Weekend Shore Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DanOdaSea

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello! I'm new to the Forum, Scuba, and California. My long term goal is to get into Tec and I'm looking to build up my experience by exploring local dive sites near LA.

Does anyone know of any groups that shore dive regularly on the weekends that are accepting newcomers or is anyone interested in buddying up?

Cheers,

Daniel

PS
I welcome any advice (forum, diving, or otherwise)

Welcome! I hope you're on Facebook or at least willing to create a dummy profile, because that's where you'll find people.

Check out Pacific Wilderness in San Pedro; they do group dives at Veterans Park in Redondo Beach most weekends, as well as Wednesday night dives. Vet's isn't the most thrilling dive site, at least by day, but it's a good beginner site.

There's also a group in Orange County that I highly recommend if you're willing to drive: Facebook Groups
They dive in Laguna every Saturday, conditions permitting, and they're great for newbies and meeting people.

If you're interested in tec, consider taking GUE Fundamentals now. The local GUE groups are pretty active and very welcoming. I can give you the names of some instructors.

I dive around here pretty regularly and I don't bite. PM me if you'd like to join.

If you are interested in Tec, check out Zen Dive Co in western Pasadena. They do regular shore dives, training, and equipment service. A great shop with really nice and knowledgeable people. Zen Diving Cooperative

DiveVets meets at Veteran's Park in Redondo Beach on Saturday mornings around 8:00 and Wednesday evenings around 6:00. They also meet at Terranea Resort (Marineland) in Rancho Palos Verdes on Sunday mornings at 8:00.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom