La Romana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basheirt

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Considering a stay at the iberostar in La Romana this coming Christmas break. Would love to get some feedback from anyone with experience diving with Dressel at that resort. I've done many dives with Dressel at other locations and have been impressed with the overall quality of the company, so that's not really a factor here (unless this particular location is unusually bad)

Quality of dive sites from this resort?
Do they have a dock or is it wading to the boat?
Overcrowded boats?

Anything else worth considering?

I just went not long ago but I went with ScubaFun. I think all the dive shops put in at the same place and if thats the case the water comes up to the street, its great. Walk a half a block, no dock and step on the boat. The ride to dive sites was short. I did the St George Wreck (120ft), The Princess Wreck (40ft) and some 35 ft reef dives.

Both wrecks were really cool and you could go inside them. The reef was also very much alive and colorful.

Here is a street view:

I just returned in May from our 2nd trip to Bayahibe. I dove with ScubaFun | Dive Center Bayahibe again. Courtney is very quick and helpful when replying to emails. John (the owner) is at the shop every morning. They will pick you up and return you back to your resort and will keep and rinse your gear for you. Most of the employee's have been with John for a long time. I prefer to dive with a small local dive shop that has long term employee's as they know the dive sites a lot better.

I stayed in La Romana in June of 2017 and stayed at Dreams La Romana. I highly recommend checking it out, My girlfriend and I did not want to leave! I also used Scubafun Dive Center and could not have been happier. They are as good as it gets when it comes to dive shops. The boats were not over crowded at all and are well kept. The shallow wreck they dive was our favorite dive. Ton of sea life with some swim throughs. DM if you want more info!

I stayed at the Iberostar but I dove with ScubaFun. I really enjoyed both and wanted to try a non cattleboat operator.

Back
Top Bottom