La Paz - Dangerous to go in September?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rirarianneke

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I'm plannign my trip to La Paz beginning of Septmeber; but I just read that September is the start of the hurricane season.
Can anyone tell me whether it is dangerous or not to go at that time of year?

Thanks

Yes, it is possible to get a hurricane that time of year. I would not say it is dangerous because of this, but definitely something to consider. This is just one man's opinion, but your chances of not having a hurricane are greater than one ruining your trip.

The last time I was in Cabo San Lucas during September, a hurricane was parked about 300 miles out in the Pacific. Cabo shut down their harbor because of dangerous conditions, and we went to dive La Paz instead. Turned out to be great trip.

You may want to consider trip insurance just to give you some peace of mind if you are worried.

June is the start of the hurricane season. September is toward the end of the hurricane season.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom