La Palma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

willem tel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have tried to put some experianse here
because I couldn't find any info
it's by translation computer done
if it's to messy feel free to change it it's the best I can do !

La Palma,

we are back from holidays on La Palma because I couldn’t find much inf about the Island I put mine on paper

La Palma is one of the Canary Islands and lies in the Atlantic Ocean, but perhaps superfluous to mention that it is often confused with Palma de Majorca what is an Balearic Islands and lies in the Mediterranean Sea, is a volcanic island, in the south still visible as the last eruption was in 1950 or so, the south is some barren and covered with banana plantations often indoor Right now it seems that this has to change, because many European subsidies are finite, and because there are far too water required to grow these bananas The island does not look very big but it does not travel quickly from left to right the road is yet ong.65 km 1.5 h by car from the airport to Punta Garda approx 80 km but 2h drive and then you really have to drive Mega many turns and steep roads
Costs are not so bad € 1.20 for a cup of coffee on the terrace Gasoline is currently € 1.00, but so many miles you do not drive

The north is much greener, La Palma is the greenest of the islands you can do some lovely walks there are over many routes for the beach you should not be in the north we were in Punta Garda as a village of "dimension" is at 600 meters altitude with a very thin and spread out downtown, where there is everything there supermarkets and restaurants and cafes (all little) we had a private house rented by a pool there within walking distance of the "center" (10 min) Casa Corea (Casa Corea, Vakantiehuis met zwembad in Puntagorda, La Palma, Canarische Eilanden) Nice clean and beautifully situated in a quiet beautiful garden Excellent base for hiking to do, also in protected nature In town is twice a week a nice covered market highly recommended if you cook for yourself but also many "hippie" art ( pretty small craft )

Further south is Los Llanos de Aridane (pronounced Los Janos) Apparently this is by far the largest city (pop. 20,000) is more than the capital Santa Cruzz Do I understand! but again money that it's really super, it's all right to oversee a town with some nice low-traffic streets and a lively Plaza Espanja with some catering in the small streets also some catering and restaurants which La Luna certainly be recommended small with a beautiful courtyard and the ability Tappas a buffet of meat and vegetarian, and that € 9 p / p here are big supermarkets, so for those who want to cook good facilities
We also had a house, casa Raya (Raya) beautifully situated in a beautiful garden a small house in a former botanical garden with all the kitchen equipment had been slightly extensive may be for us, only two cooking plates, we found little As outdoor eating for vegetarians is usually harder There is always room for sun and shade in the garden and completely separated from the rest at 10 minutes walk from the center and dive center (http: / / Duiken op La Palma - Casa de Buceo - Duikhuis La Palma) where our choice fell on what turned out to be a Dutch diving school (well organized), there are not many diving schools in La Palma all the appointments neatly fulfilled even diving 1 to 1 (for a peaceful days) on the south side of the island has not skimped on now is this: mind you if I understood it all and remember you! The diving is particularly on the southwest side and a bit on the southeast side of the island this because in the north little or no diving schools are and that is because the coast apparently less / not appropriate, there are there little or no beaches

there could be boat dives, but this seems rarely to happen because,almost al divesites can be reached from the beach , that after a dive you must almost always cross a hill to return home so after the dive there will be ample time for a deco drink (or it should be that you choose a dive on the coast and not the one cutting off from) Some dives are from a rocky beach and a black- sandy beach (white sandy beaches their non) Almost all the money that diving is sometimes difficult to get through the surf, and sometimes there is some flow through the rocks what it called a peaceful swim means that there is still a little wave or swell is Some cuttings are known to be a bit rougher entry, which may or not beginners done is funny is that my dive computer indicates that I am at 60 cm depth was while I was on the beach was so Other Geckos there were no other dive computers
present so we could not compare but this did appear to be normal ????? I thought it was fun to g trough a "washing machine" to get on land again rinsed the first dive is to get used to it again to flush in and out of step and sometimes does a bit of thinking Zealand but sometimes it's a sandbox you have to get used how it is best to pass through the water was usually 22 degrees and the view + / - 15 meters after that it was a bluish haze I have some new things can spot the big advantage is that you no loss of time have any boats hassle and less early to be ready more time for holiday All we had good experience on diving school in this city, I do not feel that you are better or worse off would be in another town of Los Llanos still has some advantages in my opinion
Also from Los Llanos, you can make nice walks all located not far apart, although I personally south less like it, because the banana plantations where it is almost with indoor Walking to you from there mainly more aware of and look at You'll find the northern no mass tourism and a disco you should really seek peace, many small scale and friendly people The only thing there is just the plantations, there are people who find it a challenge to cycling, I have not seen 15 to 20% rise and fall is no exception If you have questions please send us an email, I might havefound an answer on our vacation

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom