Kudos to Mike Johnson of Dolphin Scuba in Sacramento

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
We are just heading home from Atlantis Dumaguete, where we had the delightful good fortune to meet Mike. From the time we ran into him in the lobby of the Midas Hotel, through the end of the trip, we were struck at how friendly and almost pathologically helpful this man is. He lent his DSLR camera setup to one of our divers so she could have fun with it. He lent me floats for my camera because mine weren't enough. He stepped in to take group photos for us, so no one got left out. And I watched him with his own group of divers, where he seemed to be everywhere, making sure people were comfortable, settled, and getting what they wanted.

I also talked to some of his clients and asked them if this was typical of the man, and they said it absolutely is.

It's clear that organizing scuba travel is a big deal for Dolphin Scuba, and I have to say that, after watching Mike in action for a week, if he offered a trip to somewhere I wanted to go, I would strongly consider joining it.

As a funny afterword, we discovered that the Mares fins we rush ordered for Peter from Amazon, right before we left, came from -- you guessed it -- Dolphin Scuba!

Mike is a true gem. Among the most impressive and honest in the dive industry.

It was very interesting talking to him and seeing how a fairly old shop has absolutely made the transition to the modern world, embracing on-line shopping and dive travel as revenue streams. It's clear that you CAN be successful, running a dive shop, but you have to keep your eyes and your mind open and be willing to change.

Mike is absolutely a progressive thinker.

I am in 100% agreement.
Mike is great!
He helped me with an equipment issue and bent over backwards to do it when he didn't have to.
2 thumbs up!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom