Kudos to David Haas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnMelendez

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just wanted to publicly thank David Haas of Haas Photography Inc., David Haas Underwater Photography Equipment and let divers know he is a standup vendor (and guy) and it has been a most positive experience getting my underwater photography gear from him.

I purchase my Ikelite housing, strobe and associated gear from David (he is an authorized Ikelite dealer) for my Canon 40D DSLR. Being new to the DSLR underwater photography world, I've had many questions and debates about what I need and what to get for my particular type of diving. David was great many months ago when I first contacted him with my first of many questions. Though he probably new that my purchasing gear from him was a bit of a long shot he always promptly returned my emails, answered my questions and provided sound advice, much of it confirmed by talking with other underwater photographers. He never gave me a sales pitch or tried to "sell me". He advised what he thought I would need for my type of diving and where I dive.

When I was finally ready to purchase, I decided he had more than earned my business. Since then many more questions have come up and he has truly provided service that is above and beyond what could ever be expected.

It seems simple and obvious that he does what he does because he enjoys it and isnt just looking to make a sale. Furthermore, he uses the Ikelite equipment so he understands exactly what my issues/questions are, even if I cant always eloquently explain them.

I have now taken my camera for about 10 dives and am very happy with the results.

I highly recommend speaking to David (and doing business with him) if you are in the market for underwater photography gear. He will earn your business. It's been a pleasure doing business with him and more importantly, I feel that I have gained a coach, advisor and friend.

Attached are some pics taken with the new setup.

Cheers.

Leather Star wb.jpg

Leopard Nudibranch2 wb.jpg

Orange Zoanthid wb.jpg

Swimming Anemone wb.jpg

Wolf Eel 2 wb.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom