Kubi cuff side rings, what glue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raftingtigger

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone glue in the Kubi cuff side rings? I'm installing a pair into my trilam suit and interested in what glue you used.

I used AquaSeal for my SiTech PU rings and it worked well. I'm tempted to do the same with the Kubi rings.

Thanks

Since they're designed for easy on, easy off and dependant on the o rings to hold everything in place, why would you want to glue them?
Just curious.

Since they're designed for easy on, easy off and dependant on the o rings to hold everything in place, why would you want to glue them?
Just curious.

The Kubi cuff side rings in question are fairly new and are designed to be glued to the suit material. They allow a quick change of the latex or silicone seal (which is not glued to the suit). These are different than the older rings which are designed to mate onto glued on wrist seals.

Which glue did you end up using, did it work well?
I'm in the same situation. Factory installed Kubi Rings have been constantly leaking in a brand new high-end drysuit. I'm wanting to reglue and replace.

Kubi uses Rema Tip Top SC4000 in their demo video, but it is not easy to get a hold of where I am.

My rings never came off. I used full strength AquaSeal to reinforce the vulnerable edge. I have used AquaSeal in the past to install Kubi suit rings in the past and it has worked fantastic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom