Kraken Springs outside ATL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcf57

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So, I live just north of ATL (Cumming, GA). I remember going to a place years ago in White GA (1hr away) called Dive Haven. I hadn't really been back & remember seeing how there had been problems & issues in the past with vandalism in this place. visibility at the time wasn't great either and assumed it just went under.

I now see a place called Kraken Springs in White, GA & thinking its pretty much the same place with new ownership & has been totally redone/revamped. Anyone ever go here? It looks cool and a great place to keep my skills up. I usually go to FL every summer on a family vacation (Port St. Joe) & do a few dives to keep my certification up (Panama City and/or Port St. Joe), but am not going this yr due to budget reasons.

This seems like a good & cheaper alternative for now (as well as maybe Lake Jocassee). As before, I will need to rent all my equipment so hoping they can do this. Just wondering if anyone else has gone and their experience.

Yes, it has been re-done and is quite nice, as quarries go. Check it out.

I stopped going to Lake Jocassee to practice skills when Kraken upped its game. In the last few years the vis at Jocassee became awful. It’s not great at Kraken, either, but they’re trying to improve it.

Nice avatar, by the way. I miss our Thrashers.

Nice avatar, by the way. I miss our Thrashers.

yea, those were the good old days & great times (except that SINGLE disastrous playoff run). I am still a big hockey fan (Predators, Panthers and Lightning) & know its not the players fault for the move back then, but to this day, I STILL root heavily against Winnipeg (LOL!!!). Oh well

As far as Kraken, good to know & I'll have to plan to check it out.. I may be having shoulder surgery in early May so might try to get over there before then. Hopefully good weather. Will have to get a dive buddy as well (joined the GA dive buddies facebook group).

I see they have the camping thing so may try that as well with the family. Daughter (16yrs old) wants to get scuba certified so am looking into it for her and do her checkout dive there as well.

Thanks for the info

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom