Kowalski Lamps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With regard to the handle, i use an extendable lanyard tied very secruely through the hole on the handle to keep it attached to me. Even if I drop it, it is still there.

However, because fo the shape of the handle, I often use it to hook through a D-ring in its own right. Keeps the torch snug up against your stab and out of the way.

I have the 620 speed and I get 50 minutes on 100% power without a problem.

Just recieved a Speed620. Haven't had the chance to try it yet, but the design and quality is the best I've seen from any manufacturer of any dive equipment. It seems somewhat heavy, but the test is in the performance. Can't wait to give it a try.

Jetwrench

I have got a Kowalski Lamp, it was given to me by a good friend. I am having trouble in establishing what make it is and where I can get a charger from. HAs anyone got the contact details for the main dealers in the UK

I have got a Kowalski Lamp, it was given to me by a good friend. I am having trouble in establishing what make it is and where I can get a charger from. HAs anyone got the contact details for the main dealers in the UK

Chrisallen0091:

I contacted Kowalski directly trying to find a dealer for the US. They promptly sent me the info I needed. Try going to their site and send them an email. My light has a serial# stamped on the backplate. Check yours and add that info and they can probably tell you the model.They solved my problem.

The Kowalski site also has a list of dealers in the UK. A phone call to one of them may also answer your questions.

Hi all,
Any of you Kowalski users know anything about changing the batteries? My 620 is a few years old now and the batteries are no longer holding a charge. I typically get about 15mins out of it at 100% power.
Is it something I can do myself of does it need to go back to a dealer??

Thanks all,

Scubapauly:
Hi all,
Any of you Kowalski users know anything about changing the batteries? My 620 is a few years old now and the batteries are no longer holding a charge. I typically get about 15mins out of it at 100% power.
Is it something I can do myself of does it need to go back to a dealer??

Thanks all,
First, have you deep cycled the battery before recharging? NC batteries need deep cycled every so often to accept a full charge. If so, there is a procedure to open the lamp by standing the light lense down, applying pressure to the backplate while removing the allen screws, and then pulling the inside straight out using a slight rotation. This should give you access to the battery and lamp.

Jetwrench - What do you mean by deep charging???? Do you mean there's a way to salvage the old batteries? I have left the torch on charge for a day but it's just trickle charded after 12 hours according to the manual. I always makes sure Ileave the torch on until the batteries are flat before charging.

Scubapauly:
Jetwrench - What do you mean by deep charging???? Do you mean there's a way to salvage the old batteries? I have left the torch on charge for a day but it's just trickle charded after 12 hours according to the manual. I always makes sure Ileave the torch on until the batteries are flat before charging.
First, it's not a deep charge, but a deep cycle. That is when the battery is taken to 0 volts before charging. Nicads need this cycle to be able to accept a full charge. Your battery life may be beyond this, but since Kowalski has a low power logic, it probably has never been completely discharged. It would be worth the time to remove the battery and short out the contacts by using 2 wires (one to each terminal) and attaching the other ends to a bulb with a rating that can handle the output. When the bulb dies out, the discharge is complete. Then reinstall the battery and attempt another recharge. This is a deep cycle. Some nicads have a memory and don't respond to this procedure. Kowalski says they use batteries with no memory, so this may work for you. Keep in mind that they are batteries with a life and will only recharge so many times. The history and care of the gift light you have will make a difference. Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom