Kona Aggressor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Verbshark

Registered
Reaction score
Looks like we may have a goodly chunk of disposable income coming in shortly, and we were thinking of doing a liveaboard. Can anyone here give any recent insight on the Kona Aggressor?

Thanks.

I've never dove the Aggressor, but I have dove off of Kona many times and I love it. It is great diving, especailly for being so close to home. :D =-) :D

It was a great trip. The rooms are comfy, the food is excellent and plentiful. The staff is great (especially Captian Guy). Like all Aggressor boats they cater to photographers.

They don't allow anyone to dive w/o a buddy unless they can show a solo diver c card. Other than that you are pretty much left to dive your own profile. They generally hit 2, maybe 3 dive sites a day. They will park at the site and tell you the pool is open. It's then up to you to do your dives(up to5 a day), and ensure that you spend appropriate time on the surface in between.

All dive sites are within swimming distance of shore and there can be quite a bit of surge. You get used to it after a few dives and it can actually be fun to ride it back and forth.

I really enjoyed diving in Hawaii. Although it doesn't have the diversity of other areas it does have a high percentage of endemic fish species. You will see things in Hawaii that you can't see anywhere else in the world. Also, the volcanic nature of the islands makes for some pretty freaky underwater topography.

The thing I think I liked best about the trip was waking up in the morning ans seeing the sky over the most beautiful coastline I have ever seen.

Book this trip. You won't regret it. If you go, take a small plane ride around the perimeter of the island. It's definitley worth the money.

I want to go back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom