Komodo vs. W. Irian Jaya/Raja Ampat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm sure I'm a little late on this subject, but maybe you haven't made your decision yet, I just returned from a liveaboard trip to Komodo National Park aboard the Temukira from Grand Komodo Tours. (www.komodoalordive.com) This trip was spectacular...the boat is not the fanciest in the area but certainly comfortable and very affordable. The thing that made this trip so great was the crew and the diving. Unlike alot of boats that only come to Komodo a few months a year, this boat is here year round and has been for years, the divemasters know this area like the back of their hands and can find anything. We saw everything from Pygmy Seahorses to Giant Mantas. That area has just about everything you could want as far as fishlife. There were no disappointing divesites, and I cannot say enough about the site called Cannibal Rock...I swear you could spend 2 weeks there and not see everything. If you are still thinking of going, you should really look into Grand Komodo. If you want more specific info let me know. I'll be glad to help.

Hi there,

I did dive both Komodo and Rajaempat area. Both are excellent!! We went to Komodo by liveaboard that left from Bali. It was approximately 2 weeks trip. The liveaboard is excellent! The staffs are nice, rooms are big, food is yummy..but it s quite pricey. Rajaempat is also very nice. But I hate the fact that it s a long flight from Jakarta (maybe from Singapore for you).

The website for Pelagian is www.diveasiapacific.com

If you are interested let me know
I have never dived this area but hear good things about it.
I do know people that have been to Komodo and who will be looking at this trip also as this is the area they want to dive

Back
Top Bottom