Komodo Trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for sharing! Loved the video -- it took me away from work for a few minutes. Just keep the sea snakes away from me.:shocked2:

Another place to add to the 'must dive' list.

Great video. Exactly what Komodo diving is like. The first few moments of the video showing the surface with the swirls illustrates the currents you see in that area. Strong currents flowing around those islands.

Great video! We had a great trip with Vovo on the Duyung in 2003 but you were much luckier with the mantas.... amazing footages.. thanks for sharing.

I'm also just back from Komodo. I did a live-aboard on the Moana, which I thought was great value for money. It was a five day cruise, departing and returning to Labuan Bajo (flew there from Bali). We spent all our time in the northern area - Castle Rock, Batu Bolong, etc. On the last day, we visited Rinca to see the dragons, then moored for the night off Bat Island, which is a fantastic sight. I got a few good videos, which are on by personal blog, as well as some good photos, which are also on the linked sites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom