komodo budget staying

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

funscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any idea if there are budget resorts on komodo island where I could dive from ? If yes at what price ?

AFAIK there is no resort (budget or other) on Komodo island itself. (Komodo island is just a part of the Komodo National Park.)
The two main options for diving Komodo NP is a LOB or staying in Labuan Bajo and going on daily dive trips with one of the dive shops.. There are plenty of budget hotels in LB..

Thinking of going that route. How will the diving be there in feb?

February is not diving season in Komodo as the seas will be very rough. I think the season starts again from end of March/ early April.

A lot of budget operators and hotels in Labuan Bajo, but none in Komodo island. The Komodo National Park refers to the surrounding water and islands, with the closest main hub being Labuan Bajo (the capital of West Flores). I can recommend CNDive as the owner/ dive master knows the sea in that area better than anyone else. His outfit is VERY modest, but his expertise unequaled.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom