koh tao, monsoon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big fish63

Contributor
Reaction score
hi. im in phuket at the moment and ive dived all the sites availible in the shops for the immediate area phi phi, similans and surin (richelieu only). i am looking to go over to the gulf side and dive whats on offer there and get a few courses in as ive heard both diving and certification is cheap there?

my only problem is i was told by a thai man that the weather will be alot of rain (monsoons), now he is the owner of my room a very nice man, but i bet my last baht he doesnt want me to leave the room ive been in for 8 wks to go to koh tao. is his info a little misleading?

ive been in november to samui and that was a big mistake i dont want to experience that again. no electricity, awful landing at the airport, floods and lots and lots of rain...

thanks guys

This info is very misleading, since April is pretty much as good as it gets in the Gulf around Samui and Koh Tao.
The monsoon did not occur at all this year by the way and we're enjoying occasional rain showers at the moment, very tropical, half an hour and the sun is out again.

You can check my Samui info and weather blog which has daily weather updates and the Koh Tao weather is very similar.

My recommendation is to go and enjoy the Gulf.

I live here on Koh Tao and we have had a few showers in the last few days but its beautiful now. Monsoon is November so the weather will be good here overall until then. Look me up for a beer when you get here !

thanks for the help. i thought the information he gave me was a little strange. i think we will get the bus/boat on sat then.

yep we are having the same downpours everyday in phuket around 6pm, makes the evening very pleasent when it clears up.

is that your dive company below your post? maybe we can sort out some diving/accommodation?

thanks Rob.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom