Koh Samui Operators - help please.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Malicious

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi. My husband and I am staying on Koh Samui from May 15 - 27. We would like to get in as much diving as possible while there. We are looking for a recommendation for a shop/tour operator.

We'd like a small (but established) operator. We really don't want to be herded like cattle on big boats to crowded dive sites. We are willing to pay a premium for the more low key operator who gives time and attention to each client and has a smaller DM/Diver ration.

We are definately staying on Samui. I understand Tao is typically the jumping off point for diving but we are committed to Samui.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you soooooo much. :D

It is quite a long boat journey from Samui to Tao where more of the better sites are located! However make sure that you dive Sail Rock, it is a cool site. I would recommend Planet Scuba or Samui Diving. Also try and get to Chumphon Pinnacle and Southwest Pinnacle!

It is quite a long boat journey from Samui to Tao where more of the better sites are located! However make sure that you dive Sail Rock, it is a cool site. I would recommend Planet Scuba or Samui Diving. Also try and get to Chumphon Pinnacle and Southwest Pinnacle!

I doubt you'll have a problem with crowds diving in Samui. Most trips will run to Koh Tao anyway. When I used to work there, these were some of the better shops: 100 Degrees East, The Dive Academy and Discovery Dive Centre. I don't know what they're like now, so good luck with your search!

It is quiet simple, Samui Asia dive center and The Diveacademy. Why? New or well maintenant dive equipment, dive guiding or dive courses done by the owner himself of both divecenters. That means outstanding service, my sense, important on a dive trip. Nearly all the dive centers on samui using the same speed boat charter.

You can find them on the net.

Btw, don't forget... if you buy peanuts you get monkeys!

Cheers and I wish you good dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom