Koh Lanta - any advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robynn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So it looks as if I'm off to Thailand next week - probably to dive with Lanta Divers as they seem very professional. Example, I'm an instructor with around 420 dives so I constantly end up having to take care of someone on dives, even fun dives. Yeah, yeah, very nice, but I'm a serious adventure addict and want some good stuff. Lanta have said that if there's no-one at my level on the boat they will send a DM just for me. Now THAT's professional.

Haven't booked anywhere to stay yet as I'm going to be there for 3 weeks and want to be sure it's QUIET, right on the beach and as reasonably priced a possible as that's a looooong time. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks,
Robynn.

you could try the Sanctuary on long beach, I was there 3 years ago and it was really nice. It has burned down and been rebuilt since then though.

dont know what the prices are like now but I will be heading there at the end of feb.

Thanks, will take a look.

to be honest most of the places on long beach are same same. what you could do is when you arive in Saladan which is the main village and dock you could get a hotel room there and hire a bike the next day and ride along checking out places and prices as you go there are loads of places on the beach front some nicer than others.

the reason I will be heading for the sanctury is we will have some friends staying there and we know the owner from the last time we stayed there.

do a google image search for the sanctury koh Lanta

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom