Koh Chang to get a new wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks good, and just what Koh Chang needs. Any idea yet where they are proposing to sink it?

Go to Adventure Divers Pattaya Thailand (Adventure Divers Pattaya Thailand) for stoty, dates, lots of pictures, specifications and architectural drawings of the wreck.

---------- Post Merged at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:06 AM ----------

HTMS Chang is nothing like the wreck Koh Tao got last year. It is many times her size and complexity. You could dive HTMS Chang 100 times and still get lost. Beware all aspiring wreck divers, this wreck needs to be treated with respect. Proper reel work and spare lights are absolutely essential, and do not push your luck. If you are cautious and sensible you will absolutely love it!

Anyone have an idea when the wreck is going down. Previous date of the 16th has come and gone!

Latest update I have heard is now to be sunk approx 26/27 September and hope to be diveable by mid October (hope so as we are there on 12th November). The site is Hin Luk Bat which is approx 3km south west of Koh Chang and will be in approx 20M of water. The whole dive area is from 11 to 25M deep. Regards Chris........

Right now they are talking about 3-4 Miles South-West of Koh Chang, a little bit further out than Hin Luk Bat and Hin Rap.
And I'm pretty sure that the wreck will be sunk at least 3 Miles from the coast, otherwise the fishermen are not allowed to fish there.
And right now they are pretty much in control of the wreck's location...

Just a little update:
They held a ceremony on the 26, but the ship hasn't been sunk yet.
The Ship was supposed to go to Bang Bao yesterday, but as of right now I don't know if the did it.
The new date will probably be in mid November, which means we can hopefully dive it, in December.

Back
Top Bottom