Knoxville, TN divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello everyone!

I live in Knoxville and I need to find a dive buddy/buddies. I am planning a dive trip on a liveaboard in Egypt at the end of the year, and I need to build up some more dive hours to qualify for the boat ride (I currently have 29, minimum needed is 50). I also plan on getting my Nitrox certification this summer.

I just joined the forum, and I am looking for a dive partner to do some quarry dives with here in Knoxville. I have all of my equipment (including a dry suit), and I am willing to lend some of my things if you need it.

Thanks, and I look forward to meeting all of you!

If I lived where you live and wanted to become a better diver, I'd go here:

www.rheasdiving.com/rheas/

Or just look up Rheas Diving Services
I live 800+ miles from Maryville, and still went to Alan for training. Top notch!

Gee, I hope you didn't there....both ways.
Alan was my cave diving instructor, so I met him 1300 miles from home, in Florida.

Alan was my cave diving instructor, so I met him 1300 miles from home, in Florida.
I guess those booties were made for walkin'.

Hey Zen. I’m not far from you just outside Johnson City. There’s a great quarry here (a little smallish). Owned by a 501c of local divers. They have facilities, “Dive Bus” with AC for changing, plenty of staging areas, and training platforms. The owners have sunk quite a bit to look at. There is a bus, vintage fire truck, twin engine Cessna, several boats, and dozens of small statues ect. Do a search for Gray Quarry. Immersed Scuba in JC is a great contact for access or air fills. Also Smoky Mtn Divers is very close by and can also give you access. The water is still chilly but they have an aerator so no thermocline. Let me know when you want to go. I’d be glad to meet you out there.

Hello!
I'm moving to Knoxville in August for graduate school, and am also looking for a dive buddy. I've been diving for less than a year, but I will have my AOW by then and really want to keep up with diving regularly (Once I have more experience, I'm hoping to go for scientific and cave certifications). Message me if you're interested in diving together!

Back
Top Bottom