knot for sidemount bugee dring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marc.collin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hi

i removed my bunge on my vest to install on another one.

my problem is i don't know how to do the knot

knot.jpg

somebody know the name of this knot or any other one for this use?

thanks

I would add that if your are going to use those, make sure thery're very tight. Especially on bungee.

Off subject, but isn't there a continuous loop of bungee that can be used versus this? I would hate having a big knot on my back which presents an entanglement hazard, and if this is what the manufacturers is using, looks kind of cheap (?).

Last edited:
Not really. Steve Martin has now gone to loop bungees but each end is tied into a slide lock similar to the way Edd has his old school mod for the nomad/SMS. He used to us one continuous bungee but that mimic'd the stock bungee on the SMS/Nomad and doesn't allow it to be looped around the valve knob so they went away from that. You have knots regardless. That one is bigger than it has to be since the bungee is so thick, I'd recommend going to 1/4" if you're in the US or 6mm if you're overseas. More stretch

That loop is a larksfoot.

Instead of an overhand knot at the end I would use double fishermans bend. It is safer and looks better and is more streamlined. I have positioned these knots within sight, not on my back.

Adjusting the length of the loop, especially on a bungee, is a bit tricky as the loop tends to extend a lot when the double fishermans bend is tightened. You need to do a couple tries. I like the knot nevertheless.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom