Knife/line cutter mounted on Shearwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PSUSciDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For those who have a knife or line cutter on their shearwater straps ( or other wrist mounted computers), can you post pictures please? I'd like to mount a small knife or one of them z cutters on my petrel and looking for ideas. Also the name of the cutting tool would be helpful if I see one I like!
Thank you!

I use a Benchmade 7. One strap is threaded through the bottom loop of the sheath and the other strap is "locked in" by the flap on the sheath. I'll try to get a picture of it later this week since I'm in the middle of moving

I have a EEZYCUT Trilobite cutter on my Perdix AI. I'm fairly sure it's the wrist mount option. I also have the harness mount version on my waist strap for redundancy. I really like these since they are really sharp and the cutter fits snugly into the pouch and the velcro keeps it really secure. I haven't needed to use them underwater yet, but I know they slice right through 1/8" bungee cord and zip ties with no effort. The down side is that they are somewhat expensive at $25 each.
EEZYCUT Trilobite Line Cutter
GOPR0553.JPG
GOPR0556.JPG

I have a EEZYCUT Trilobite cutter on my Perdix AI. I'm fairly sure it's the wrist mount option. I also have the harness mount version on my waist strap for redundancy. I really like these since they are really sharp and the cutter fits snugly into the pouch and the velcro keeps it really secure. I haven't needed to use them underwater yet, but I know they slice right through 1/8" bungee cord and zip ties with no effort. The down side is that they are somewhat expensive at $25 each.
EEZYCUT Trilobite Line Cutter
View attachment 414620 View attachment 414619
I also use the Trilobite however mine is the the belt version (loop is larger) and I put both straps of the Petrel/Perdix through the loop. Keeps it nice and secure and makes it easy to pull out. Just make sure you oriented correctly depending on which arm you mount your computer on so you access with your other hand (see btrue's second picture).

Why wear it on your wrist? That could limit your access to the cutter if the other hand is captured in material.

Why wear it on your wrist? That could limit your access to the cutter if the other hand is captured in material.

That is why I wear a second trilobite cutter on my waist belt. I like mine on my forearm since it is really quick and easy to grab it and deploy it with my other hand. I always have my computer so I added the cutting device to increase the functionality of that arm, since now the computer straps hold 2 items instead of just one.

I wear my mini fogcutter on my BCD, accessible to both hands.

I'm the same as john rom, a trilobite with both bungees through it.

I keep an Eezycut Trilobite on each forearm. I have gauges bungee mounted on each forearm - my Petrel 2 in on my left arm. The Trilobite is simply mounted by threading the gauge bungees through the sheath loop. Mine have full length sheath loops (belt style?)..

I keep these cutters on my forearms because it keeps the cutters immediately available.

Worst case scenario: getting a DSMB line tangled around a gauge, or wrist, on deployment.... you can draw and cut in a couple of seconds. Fast enough to avert a rapid ascent.

That's reason enough right there Andy. I doubt I would locate and draw it fast enough from it's waistbelt location. It isn't something I practice. Quickdraw McGraw on the trilobite.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom