KISS Sidewinder: Don O2 After Harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J-Vo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
@chris_duc asked in another thread how I don my O2 after my harness. I expect the full weight of the ScubaBoard crew to come down on this one, but I also look forward to any helpful suggestions.

I came up with this method while thinking on how to carry an inflation bottle with the Sidewinder for my CCR Cave Timix course. In OC sidemount I butt mount my inflation, but I didn't want to try donning the sidewinder with two butt mounted bottles. I have a crappy video of me donning the O2. I'll post it down thread when I figure out how to do it.

Here is my O2 attached how I mount it after donning the harness. I have a 40" hose on my O2, so I can run it up my spine and bring it forward up high on my chest.
PXL_20220430_211856367.jpg

Notice I have drop D's on the spine to clip it to. I did this so I could get it tight up against my butt Ds. I found it's key to get the leash under the waist strap.
PXL_20220430_211916023~2.jpg

Here it is with the inflation bottle. Currently I clip the inflation bottle to the drop D's, but I am thinking about longer leashes and clipping it to the spine D's as well. It tends to pull the drop D's in a little making it slightly more difficult to don stages. When donning I don the O2 first then the inflation bottle. The inflation hose is routed identical to the O2, but comes out the opposite side on my chest. For trimix dives, I hip mount my canister light with bungee. I've found it nestles right in against my side tank and I can still carry a stage without issue.
PXL_20220430_212403271.jpg

I have a bungee attached to the waist band loop on my crotch strap. It wraps around and clips to my butt D's to keep everything tight. I use a small double ender to hold it on the crotch strap so I can remove it for OC diving.
PXL_20220430_212615490.jpg

PXL_20220430_213400329.jpg

I found that routing the bungee on the neck of my short inflation bottle keeps it from working it's way sideways between my legs during the dive.
PXL_20220430_213322220.jpg

Thanks a lot @jvogt
Cool trick with those 2 bungees to secure the bottle from moving around. I’ll experiment and let you know!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom