Kiss Orca Spirit LTE/Sidewinder O-ring sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

breals

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm looking to build a spares/save a dive kit for my KISS Spirit (Sidewinder is the same unit) but the manual doesn't list the orings and sizes. The only option is a really expensive "spares kit" which has items that I already have back ups of. I highly doubt that KISS is using custom o-rings but instead they are using commercially available o-rings from a industrial supplier, like McMaster Carr.

I've done a full search here and I can't find any information.

Anyone have a breakdown of the o-rings for this unit?

I'm looking to build a spares/save a dive kit for my KISS Spirit (Sidewinder is the same unit) but the manual doesn't list the orings and sizes. The only option is a really expensive "spares kit" which has items that I already have back ups of. I highly doubt that KISS is using custom o-rings but instead they are using commercially available o-rings from a industrial supplier, like McMaster Carr.

I've done a full search here and I can't find any information.

Anyone have a breakdown of the o-rings for this unit?
Following, I wish I knew these :)

I've got some leads, going to order some of them to see if they are the right size and follow up. Off to McMaster-Carr/Grainger I go.

I've got some leads, going to order some of them to see if they are the right size and follow up. Off to McMaster-Carr/Grainger I go.
Please share! The orings on the canister/lung crossbar wear out the most frequently on my two Spirit LTE units. I recently raided my spares kits for just those orings and need replacements now. I also replaced the Loop/Head orings just last week.

Disclaimer, I'm just some random dude on the internet, I'm trying these out to see if they are right but I am not recommending you take my word over the manufacture or your instructor

Referenced my old KISS Classic Manual (which lists out every o-ring), some DMs and other leads. KISS used to list out all the parts, I'm not sure why they don't include this any longer. One of the biggest benefits of this rebreather is the ability to repair in the field from off-the-shelf parts. I'm not 100% certain on these, I'm ordering them and will check with fit and calipers.

[Hardness-Number] -> [Where used]

O-ring List, so far:
  • N70-127 -> Loop/Tower
  • N70-220 -> Over pressure Valve
  • N70-240 -> Head & Cannister
  • N70-218 -> Counter lung connectors

Watching, but I would think you can simply email Kim at KISS and she will send you the specs.

Cut the o-ring, measure the length and thickness. calculate centerline.

Optionally, go to an o-ring supply house, they have a cool little measuring device for this purpose (don't need to cut)

Industrial o-ring stores can figure it out if you bring it to them. They will probably know what it is made of on sight, they have the tools to accurately measure the size. And probably even determine things like the elastic parameters etc if needed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom